A Message From Dr. Robinson
Dear Valued Patient:
We are now in an unprecedented point in our lifetime. The world-wide spread of COVID-19 is happening at a pace unseen by nearly any of us. I want you to remember this: not everyone who is exposed to the virus will get sick. Disease and health both come from the inside out. The strength of your immune system is critical for how your body handles the exposure to the virus.
As a reminder - the office will REMAIN OPEN during normal business hours.
In addition to the precautions issued by the Centers For Disease Control we are recommending the following:
- Eat healthy minimally processed food avoiding trans fats and all sources of sugar. Both cause inflammation and will depress your immune system
- Mild to moderate exercise. Go for a walk outdoors and get some sunshine on your face
- Sufficient periods of rest. Go to bed earlier and get up earlier to allow your body enough time for recovery and repair.
- Add vitamin D3 to your supplements: 4000 to 6000 I.U. per day for maintenance and 10,000 per day once you begin to feel ill.
- Daily meditation and or prayer to help cope with stress. I use the app: Calm and pray every day
- Laugh and love as often as you can. Both have been shown to improve immune function
- Have your spine checked regularly. There are a number of studies over the years that shows regular chiropractic care can improve immune system function.
This is not a comprehensive list, but will get you on the right path to staying healthy during these trying times or at least help you recover more quickly if you do get sick. We will be open for our regular hours and I will be in the office to check your nerve system and answer any questions you may have.
If you have an appointment scheduled keep it. If you aren’t scheduled call the office and make an appointment as soon as possible.
Yours for optimal health,
Dr. Brad N. Robinson, DC and team Wards Corner Chiropractic.